Infiniti Nutraceuticals introduces SCP-II Complex™
– An Undenatured Type II Salmon Collagen Proteoglycan Complex that contains 40% Type II Collagen, 30% Proteoglycans. Produced from Salmon Nasal Cartilage.
What is the importance of Proteoglycans in collagen?
Proteoglycans promotes the production of collagen and hyluronic acid. Proteoglycans are proteins found in the connective tissue of the body. Proteoglycans are a class of glycoproteins of high molecular weight that are found especially in the extracellular matrix of connective tissue. It is a remarkable material as the third vital component after collagen and hyaluronic acid, and Type II collagen, it is a currently discussed topic as a main component of articular cartilage
Articular cartilage is a gelatinous bluish tissue covering the tip of the bone and it has the structure that Proteoglycan tangles reticulate frame of type II collagen fiber. It is 4-6mm thick, softer than bone and contains synovial which contains hyaluronic acid as a main component. Articular cartilage has lubricant properties that allow the bones to glide over each other with very little friction. Healthy cartilage in our joints makes it easier to move.
Benefits to SCP-II Complex™ containing 40% Type II Collagen, 30% Proteoglycans
Effectiveness of Proteoglycans for Beauty Skin
- Moisture Retention (1.3 times as that of hyaluronic acid)
- Improve rough skin (proteoglycans are effective moisturizers that smooth and plump the skin making it look fresh & also provide mechanical support for skin cells smoothing out rough patches)
- EGF (epidermal growth factor) – like activity
- Skin brightening effect
- *Promoting production of collagen and hyaluronic acid (Moisten the dermis)
Effectiveness of Proteoglycans for Joints
- Supports production of collagen – relieves joint pain
- Ideal for a lubricating fluid in the joints – improves joint flexibility
- Promotes production of hyaluronic acid – healthy beautiful skin
- Provides structural integrity to the cells (allowing cell migration by providing the passageways between them)